Date: July 03, 2018
To: Arcserve® Backup Customers
From: Arcserve Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for Arcserve Backup r17.0 for Windows
Arcserve is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with the Arcserve Support Policy and Terms (Arcserve Support), please consider this letter your notification that we are discontinuing support for Arcserve Backup r17.0 (Base, options, and agents) beginning July 03rd, 2019. This will allow our Research & Development organization to more effectively focus its resources on, and add value to next release of Arcserve Backup for Windows.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to Arcserve Backup r17.5 SP1 for Windows as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements this release has to offer.
- Certifications & support for the newest releases of Enterprise Applications including SAP HANA
- Improved tape performance & support for LTO8 tape devices
- VMware platform improvements
- Several enhancements, fixes to improve licensing experience
- Updated UNIX agents
- Roll-up of fixes & minor enhancements
- Much More...
As we would like to help make your upgrade to Arcserve Backup r17.5 SP1 for Windows as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from a previous version of Arcserve Backup to Arcserve Backup r17.5 SP1 for Windows for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Documentation to help prepare you for your upgrade to Arcserve Backup r17.5 SP1 for Windows can be viewed at Arcserve Backup.
- Qualified local Arcserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of your upgrade. Find a partner here: https://arcserve.com/partners-msps/partners/find-a-partner/
For further questions, please contact Arcserve Technical Support (arcserve.zendesk.com).
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.