After applying the patch P00001097 on a machine with BIOS firmware, there is a warning Activity Log printed in the every new backup job to indicate that the backup job is failed to collect DR information. So, the new recovery point cannot perform BMR, VSB and Instant VM.
Arcserve UDP6.5 Update 2;
Product Installation Instructions:
1. Make sure there is no running job 2. Run P00001123.exe to apply the fix 3. Submit a backup job, either full backup or incremental backup
- The machine with UEFI firmware doesn't need to apply this patch. This issue only happens on the machine with BIOS firmware.
- An updated version of the patch P00001097 is available to download since Feb 7th 2018. If this new version is installed, then the patch P00001123 is not required to be applied.
- If the earlier version of the patch is installed, please install the patch P00001123. The updated P00001097 can identified by checking the properties of of the file P00001097.exe .
- Select the downloaded P00001097.exe - Right click --> "Properties->Digital Signatures" of the P00001097.exe file is 7th February 2018. ( the time might vary depending on your system clock)
Related Fix List:
Fix (P00001123 for product: Arcserve UDP release: 6.5 Update 2) is available please click here to download and apply.
Fix (P00001097 for product: Arcserve UDP release: 6.5 Update 2) is available please click here to download and apply.