To: Customers of Arcserve D2D & Arcserve Central Applications
From: The Arcserve Product Team
Subject: End of Service Announcement for Arcserve D2D & Arcserve Central Application
Arcserve Technologies is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers.
As part of this effort, we have simplified and unified the functionality of the following 6 different applications into a single product "Arcserve Unified Data Protection" or Arcserve UDP :
- Arcserve D2D r16.5 for Windows
- Arcserve Central Protection Manager r16.5
- Arcserve Central Host-Based VM Backup r16.5
- Arcserve Central Virtual Standby r16.5
- Arcserve Central Reporting r16.5
- Arcserve D2D r16.5 for Linux
Arcserve UDP - replacing those individual products - was initially released on 2014-05-11.
In accordance with our Arcserve Support Policy and Terms (Click here), please consider this letter your written notification that we are discontinuing support for Arcserve D2D r16.5 and all Central Applications r16.5 beginning 2017-11-01. This will allow our Development organization to more effectively focus its resources on and add value to the next release of Arcserve UDP.
At this time, we encourage you to plan for the migration to Arcserve UDP 6.x as soon as possible, so you can take full advantage of the latest new features and enhancements the UDP release has to offer. Among the most popular is our Arcserve UDP Recovery Point Server, which provides source-based global deduplication and built-in replication and archiving, all managed within the Arcserve UDP backup "Plan". In selected geographies the Arcserve UDP RPS is also available as a ready-to-use Arcserve Appliance meant for capacities up to 240 TB each, and as a hosted service for replication to our Arcserve Cloud for secure off-site storage of Recovery Points, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity.
Arcserve Technologies would like to help make your upgrade to Arcserve UDP as straightforward and successful as possible, we are offering the following:
- A no-charge software upgrade from Arcserve D2D to Arcserve UDP for any customer with an active maintenance contract.
- Qualified local Arcserve Partners are also able to assist in any or all parts of the migration, including analysis of the current system, preparation for the upgrade, testing, and performing the migration itself. For more information and a list of partners in your area please contact your local Arcserve Channel Partner Group office, (Partners).
If you have any questions regarding the support schedule, please contact Arcserve Support (arcserve.zendesk.com), your local Arcserve Account Manager, Customer Success Manager or Arcserve Customer Care online at Arcserve customer care link where you can submit an online request using the Customer Care web form: Arcserve Community. You can also call Arcserve Customer Care at +1-844-765-7043 in North America or see Arcserve Phone no. list for the local number in your country.
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you.