Arcserve Unified Data Protection Version 6.0 Update 3 is ready and available for user to download now.
Update3 is cumulative update based on update2, and include some important security fixes, SQL 2016 support, MSP replication improvement, and several customer issue fixes especially for one potential data corruption issue. We recommend customers upgrade to update3 timely.
Please review the Release Notes for additional information and installation instructions regarding this Update!
UDP v6.0 GA/U1/U2 installations can upgrade to Update3 by Update Utility or Manual.
- Update Utility - By Check Update, customer can click “Check for Updates” on Console Help menu, or wait for scheduled time to automatically download update3 which is configured at “Update Configuration” (by default, it will be Sunday 3:00 AM).
- Manual -To manually download UDP 6.0 Update 3, please proceed to the following locations:
- Arcserve Unified Data Protection (Console + RPS + Agent)
- Arcserve Unified Data Protection – Windows Agent
- Arcserve Unified Data Protection Linux Agent:(there is no linux update3 or update2 build, below are update1 links)
- Arcserve Unified Data Protection Linux Agent Restore Utility:
- For New Customers or v5.0 customers, they can install or upgrade to v6 update3 directly by using single installer or remaster build.
- Single Install
- Remaster Build
UDP v6 Compatibility Matrix:
Recommend to use matched ASBU Build, R17 with patch P00000322
Arcserve UDP Copy to Tape integration in Arcserve UDP V6 Update 3 requires the patch P00000322 on the Arcserve Backup r17 server. This patch includes fixes for the Copy to Tape job monitor and memory leak. Arcserve Backup patch manager stops and starts all the Arcserve Backup server services while applying the patch.
Note: Before applying the patch, ensure that there is no active job running in Arcserve Backup and also close the Arcserve Backup manager.
Without this patch installed on Arcserve Backup server side, copy to tape task can still work, but with below two problems:
- Arcserve Backup Web Service has memory leak. After long-time running, it might not work normally and could not trigger copy to tape jobs.
- V6 GA known issue: When you modify and save an Arcserve UDP plan that includes the copy to tape task during active copy to tape jobs, the Jobs Monitor for the active copy to tape jobs on Arcserve UDP would disappear. You can verify the copy to tape progress in Arcserve Backup manager or refer to the job history in the Arcserve UDP Console when the job is complete.