Description: How to perform Arcserve Cloud instant vm
Arcserve Cloud version : 6.0 update 1
Arcserve Cloud version : 6.0 update 1
Steps to perform Arcserve Cloud instant vm.
- Provision the Cloud hyper v host by putting up a request with the cloud team.( Continuity cloud Hyper v host server will be available for 1 week to test ).
- Login to cloud hyper v host using details provided:
- CC node RDP link: xx.xxx.xxxcloud.net:70XX
- Local administrator account: cloudusername
- local administrator password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Use mstsc from any machine connect to RDP connection to Continuity cloud Hyper v host server
- There is a text file on desktop named Private ip address
- Open the file to copy the private ip address of Cloud hyper v host : 10.x.xx.xxx
- Access UDP cloud server from your local machine :https://xxxxxxxxxx.arcservecloudrps.com:8015
- Login using clouduser and password.
- Goto resources ,select all nodes
- Select add nodes , enter private ip address of Continuity cloud Hyper v host server : 10.x.xx.xxx
- Right click and select install and upgrade agent ( By doing this the UDP agent on cloud hyper v host will get managed by the cloud rps server and the agent if it is on lower build will automatically get upgraded)
- Verify the UDP agent version on Continuity cloud Hyper v host server it should now be on the same build.
- Right click on any node to select create instant vm.
A wizard opens up listing details of Recovery point server ,datastore and the recovery points of that node.
- Select any recovery point and click on next.If the session is encrypted then a pop message will appear provided the encryption password and select ok
Select the hyper-visor type as hyper v host and click on add.
- A pop up dialog opens up provide hyper v host ip address ( this will be the private ip address : 10.x.xx.xxx enter username :continuitycloud and password.
- This will add the hyper v host in the list select the hyper v host 10.x.xx.xxx and click on next
- Click next
A message is displayed with below information.
Hyper v server ( 10.x.xx.xxx ) is automatically selected as Recovery server .Verify that Recovery Server meets the below prerequisites
X64 Windows 2008 r2 and above version
Agent should be installed and managed by the current console.
- Click on next
Step 4 :
- By default a vm name is provided with suffex udpivm_vmname( This can be edited )
- Enter the description
- Vm files folder will on Recovery Server ( 10.x.xx.xxx)
- Select Browse.
- Expand x drive and select share folder
- Change the CPU count as required for that node.
- Change the memory size as requied for that node ( Total availability and RAM from hyper v host will list beside )
- If required Network Adapters changes can be done now or later from hyper v host manager console
- Client on finish.
- A pop up message occurs to boot now ,boot later or cancel.
- If we select boot now it will start the vm or else it will create the vm and put it in off status on hyper v manager on Cloud hyper v host
- Goto Resources and click on instant virtual machine under infrastructure
- It will show the instant vm configuration.
- Right click and select power on give it few minutes and then access hyper v host manager and you can see the vm booting up.
- ( You can even right click on the vm from hyper v manager and select start and then right click on connect )
- It will start the boot process and will give you the login screen
- Until here the instant vm process end.
- Customer then needs to get there hyper v host admin and network admin get involved to configure the require changes and verify the settings.
Note: For test the Hyper v host is provided for demo purpose for 1 only week in case if they would like to extend the time stamp then it will be billable and sales need to be involved.