To: Arcserve Customers
From: The Arcserve Unified Data Protection Product Team
Subject: General Availability Announcement for Arcserve Unified Data Protection V6
Date: February 3, 2016
On behalf of Arcserve, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide high-quality innovative software. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly release new and updated versions of our products. Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) V6.
Arcserve UDP uniquely combines a broad set of features with a unified management console that provides ease of use and the ability to enhance data and systems recovery capabilities.
Arcserve UDP V6 introduces advanced new capabilities to enhance its usability and performance.
Highlights include improved tape unification and ease of setup; faster, more flexible recovery options; Hypervisor, Windows and Linux-focused enhancements; improved management enhancements, and third-party integration improvements.
New features for Arcserve UDP V6 include:
- New getting-started wizards added to the UDP console and RPS
- Unified Product Installer – single installation; click features and download in one step
- Enterprise storage array snapshot support
- Instant VM Recovery
- Instant Bare Metal Restore
- VMware vSphere version 6 Virtual Volumes (VVOL)
- Core replication & recovery performance advancements
- Linux systems benefit from UDP’s advanced Window’s protection capabilities
- File/folder level recovery of Linux VMs backed up via agentless, host-based backups on vSphere & Hyper-V hosts
- Infinite incremental backup
- Bare Metal Restore of Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) systems
- Backup & restore to/from RPS deduplication data stores
- Windows 10 support
- Exchange 2016 support
- Exchange granular recovery for non-email items (e.g. calendar, task, journal and public folders items) without having to restore the entire mailbox store
- RPS File Copy from RPS to a public/private cloud
- Role-based administration
- Advanced remote site management
- Reboot-less Windows Agent deployment
- New Command Line Interface (CLI)
- Agent & console v2.0 APIs
- New diagnostic utility
- New RPS data store capacity planning tool
- Unified Tape Management module
- Directly manage the scheduling, monitoring & recovery point migration (archiving) to tape from within the UDP console
- …And many more…
Arcserve UDP is marketed through our traditional ecosystem of distribution and channel partners, as well as Managed Services Providers (MSPs). Learn about supported upgrades to Arcserve UDP V6 in the user guide.
We encourage you to visit the Arcserve UDP product information page for more information.
You can download a trial copy of Arcserve UDP from the Arcserve website.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact Arcserve Customer Care online and submit an online request. You can also call Arcserve Customer Care at +1-844-765-7043 in North America or see the Arcserve Toll Free Phone Numbers list for the local number in your country.
Thank you again for your business.