After installing/upgrading from Arcserve D2D r16.5 Base or GA version to Arcserve D2D r16.5 Update 2 the “Arcserve D2D Webservice” is not able to start anymore even after a manual reboot.
This problem happen under the following condition:
1. Arcserve D2D r16.5 GA Installations which are managed by Arcserve Central Application Management (CPM) 16.5 GA versions .
Those Arcserve D2D 16.5 GA Installations encounter the problem after update to Update 2.
In such cases Arcserve Central Application GA (CPM) was not updated to Update 2 before doing the upgrade to the Arcserve D2D r16.5 agents.
1. Upgrade Arcserve Central Application Management to Update 2 first.
Note: CPM 16.5 Update 2 is backward compatible with D2D 16.5 GA versions installed on the clients.
2. Degenerate the D2D 16.5 GA clients from CPM 16.5 GA before upgrading to Update 2
Important: please be aware that CPM 16.5 GA is not managing D2D 16.5 Update 2 clients. Doing this step insist that you plan to update CPM to Update 2 too.
you should only do this step when CPM cannot be updated at this point of time.
3. When the problem already happened:
- uninstall the product completely
- install Arcserve D2D 16.5 GA version and reboot
- install Update 2
Be aware that a reboot is necessary for Update 2 under different conditions (open files while setup or D2D driver installation)
Arcserve D2D r16.5 GA Installations which are standalone or managed by Central Application Management (CPM) 16.5 Update 2 already do NOT encounter the problem!