The install.html file for Ubuntu does not fully describe the complete installation process for Ubuntu 12.02
- Log in to the Ubuntu computer as root.
- Execute following command to check the default system shell type:
# ls –l /bin/sh
(You should see the something similar to the following:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Feb 19 2015 /bin/sh -> dash
If the software symbol link of “sh” points to bash, we don’t need to change the system default system shell type, otherwise, we need to do following step.
Change the default system shell to bash.
Note - This change is for the Agent for Ubuntu installation only. It will need to be reverted back to the dash shell following installation.
- Follow the above instructions and repeat Step 2 to recheck the default system shell type.
- Software Requirements for Client agent Installation on Ubuntu Linux x64 platform.
- The Package libc6-i386, Embedded GNU C Library: 32-bit shared libraries for AMD64 is required by Ubuntu Linux x64 platform.
- Install from the repositories:
- First, ensure the Ubuntu node is up to date:
# sudo apt-get install updates
- Now the i386 library
# sudo apt-get install libc6-i386
- Install the Ubuntu 12.x specific libraries
# sudo apt-get install libc6-dev libc6-dev-i386
- Now that the Client Agent pre-requisites have been installed, install the ASBU Client Agent for Ubuntu
- Mount the ASBU installation media
- Make a directory to mount the ASBU ISO image
# mkdir /mnt/cdrom
- Mount the ASBU ISO
# mount -t iso9660 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
- Change to the Agent installation location on the mounted ASBU CD
# cd /mnt/cdrom/DataMoverandAgent/Linux
- Start the Agent for Ubuntu installation and follow the instructions
- If the installation is successful, unmount the ASBU CD media
- Change the shell from bash (for the installation) back to dash, following the instructions
# ls –l /bin/sh