How to change the Cache File Location and .edb file temp location for Exchange GRT Catalog job to different volume?
Change the Cache File Location
Configure the following registry key to move the cache file to another location which is not protected by the Arcserve UDP Engine:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CA\ARCserve Unified Data Protection\Engine\AFStorHBAMgmt\CacheFilePath
If the 'AFStorHBAMgmt' key does not exists, you have to create a new one.
- Under the 'AFStorHBAMgmt' key folder, create a string value REG_SZ for 'CacheFilePath'.
- Set the value to a folder on a different volume that has sufficient free space.
If the destination is on a local machine and no registry path is specifically set, then the destination session path is used to store the cache path.
- Example: If your backup destination is local drive E:, the backup snapshot will be created on Drive E: into the backup destination path.
If the destination is a remote/local path and if the registry is set as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CA\ARCserve Unified Data Protection\Engine\AFStorHBAMgmt\CacheFilePath at some path
- Example: E:\temp then E:\temp is used as cache store path.
If the destination is remote and you do not set any registry path, then by default (Installation folder)/Bin/Temp is used to store the cache path.
Change the .edb file Temp Location
This key would be applicable only when the UDP does Defragmentation of the Exchange Database during Exchange GRT Catalog Generation. Defragmentation happens for Exchange Databases backed up using Agentless Backup and when OS Version on the proxy machine where we generate Exchange GRT Catalog is different from that of the Exchange Server OS.
Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\CA\ARCserve Unified Data Protection\Engine\Exchange
Value: Valid path for the temporary folder.
Please refer the UDP Exchange GRT Utility, this Utility does not require Exchange GRT Catalog Generation.