CA ARCserve Backup support with Amazon EC2 VMs
CA ARCserve Backup r16.5 can be installed and configured in Amazon EC2 VMs and below ARCserve components are supported.
ARCserve Backup server (Base)
- Primary and Member Servers (Central Management option)
- Client Agent for Windows
- Client Agent for Linux
- Open File Agent for Windows
- Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
- Agent for Oracle
Operating Systems and applications supported on physical machine by each component listed above are supported on AWS EC2.
Only disk based devices (FSD and DDD) and cloud devices are supported as backup/staging destination. Amazon S3 can be configured as Cloud devices to run staging backups to Cloud and archive jobs to Cloud.
- Tape devices are not supported with Amazon EC2 VMs
- Recovery of EC2 VMs is not supported.