ER00072 Unable to check state of host 192.168.10.40
This document lists the steps to be checked to resolve the error 'unable to check state of host' .
- Under scenario management, check status of server (master or replica), if it has red x and status showing disconnected. If the server is shown as disconnected highlight the server in the Scenarios window and check the server properties (click on properties tab). Check Host Connection properties and make sure that it has the correct IP address
- Check if the server is pingable (if ICMP ping requests are not blocked by Firewall)
- Remote into the server which had status disconnected in scenario. Goto Windows services, check if CA ARCserve RHA engine service is running or not. If CA ARCserve RHA engine service not running, then try starting it.
- If CA ARCserve RHA engine service already running, then check if the port 25000 used by RHA engine is open in a Firewall and it is accessible from other servers
- To check port status: open command prompt on another server and type following command
Telnet <replica server name> 25000
- On Windows 2008 Telnet client is not installed by default. To install it go to Server Manager, Features, Add Feature, select Telnet Client and proceed with installation instructions.
- If Telnet works fine, please make sure that the version of ws_rep.exe matches on both master and replica. By default 'ws_rep.exe' is located under 'C:\Program Files\CA\ARCserve RHA\Engine'
- If neither of the above steps help to restore the connection try to reboot the server.