How CA XOsoft Handles Shares:
CA XOsoft will only create shares if the share exists on a directory defined for Replica at the time the scenario is Synchronized. If the share is created while the scenario is running it will not be created on the replica however, until the scenario is stopped and restarted.
This does not pertain to the update of an ACL on the share, only the share itself. If a new share is created, or second share name is added to a directory, or an existing share name is changed a new sync will be required.
After the Root Directory is synchronized you see the following error:
Unable to Build Shares; reason: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
- On the master server right click my computer and select manage.
- Within Computer Management view the shares present under all of the root directories being synchronized in the scenario:
- Within Computer Management on replica view shares present under all of the root directories being synchronized in the scenario.
- If the share does not exist on the replica server, manually add it and restart the scenario.
- The ACL attributes will be added to the share on the replica server during synchronization.