The XOsoft R12 Exchange High Availability Scenario is created without error, but when starting starting the scenario you encounter the following errors: Error 0x8007007e DB Exchange is down: Unable to create exchange server instance. These errors result in the scenario stopping.
Collaboration Data Objects implement an API to manipulate sets of properties together to accomplish tasks.
The CDOEXM.dll installed with Exchange 2003 Server enables XOsoft to perform several internal Exchange Server-related tasks that are critical for XOsoft to function properly.
Error 0x8007007e may be returned from Windows, when the XOsoft engine is unable to create an instance of CDO (Collaboration Data Objects) to manage the Exchange server.
In this instance the user should verify CDOEXM.dll is properly installed on the Master and Replica Exchange Servers.
To confirm that CDOEXM.dll is registered properly do as follows:
- Open the Windows Registry Editor.
- Look for HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CDOEXM.ExchangeServer\CLSID.
- Copy the CLSID from right side.
- Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID.
- Right click CLSID, select Find and search for the CLSID. Make sure you are looking for only 'Keys'.
- Now select InprocServer32 and make sure that the path specified on the right side maps to the CDOEXM.dll.
Certain Third Party Applications may alter the above path to a cdoexm.dll in another location. If the cdoexm.dll does not path to X:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin verify what application has modified this and that this application is functional and the cdoexm.dll is properly registered.