This article explains how to do a graceful migration of the RHA licenses & scenarios to a new Control Machine by using the 'Control Service DR' Scenario
Note:- The below procedure is only possible if you have old RHA Control Server available & you want to move it to a different system. After doing these steps it will sync the RHA Licenses (from the registery) along with the current scenarios.
- Install the RHA Engine on the old Control Service system
- Install the RHA Engine & the Control Service on a new system where you're planning to move the scenario manager.
- Create a control service (CS) DR scenario
- Make the original control service host (CS) as the Master
- Make the new control service host (CS) as the Replica
- Select the default values while creating the control service (CS) DR scenario
- Once the scenario creation finishes then start the scenario and let it complete
- After the scenario is synchronized & you see the message “All modifications during synchronization period are replicated” stop the scenario
- Now go to services of the original CS server & stop the “CA ARCserveRHA Control Service” & set the state of that service to “Manual”
- Then go to the New Control Service system & start the “CA ARCserveRHA Control Service” on it, change the startup type for this service to automatic.
- Now try to login into the overview page and select the scenario manager from it
- In the scenario manager you should see all the scenarios
- You should not have to re-apply your RHA license key as the control service sceanrio replicates the license keys from the old control service host to the new one.