The Windows Installer service must be properly installed and registered in order to install CA ARCserve RHA.
If this service is stopped or damaged, the following error occurs when you install or uninstall certain applications:
'Windows Installer Error 1720/1722'
There are two ways to avoid this error:
- Re-register the current Windows Installer service version
- Download the latest Windows Installer service version
To re-register the current version, click Start, Run, and type the following commands:
To install the latest Windows Installer service version
- Go to the Microsoft website and download the latest Windows Installer.
- Follow Microsoft's instructions to install the service according to your system requirements.
- Restart your computer after installation completes.
- Verify the service is running. Click Start, Run, and type the following command:
If you are running Vista, type the command in the Start Search box.
The Services screen opens. Look for the Windows Installer service and verify the status is started. Change the startup type to automatic if needed or start the service manually if it is not running.
After Windows Installer is installed and verified, you can install CA ARCserve RHA.