This document lists the steps to perform offline sync for a Full System scenario.
1. Create a full system scenario and click on run and select Offline Synchronization.
2. RHA would then perform below steps.
a) RHA will take a VSS snapshot of the drives on the master and expose them under 'C:/OfflineSyncMountPoint/scenario id' with the
drive letter as the folder name.
b) RHA will create virtual hard drives on the replica and mount them as a mount points with the drive letter as a folder name under
'C:/Program Files/CA/ARCserve RHA/Engine/VM/scenario id' (on appliance server if the replica is a ESX,Citrix Xen)
3. User can now copy the data from 'C:/OfflineSyncMountPoint/scenario id' on master to 'C:/Program Files/CA/ARCserve RHA/Engine/VM/scenario id' on replica server (appliance server if the replica is a ESX,Citrix Xen).
Example: Data from C drive under the mount point should be copied to 'C:/Program Files/CA/ARCserve RHA/Engine/VM/scenario id/
4. Once the data is copied to the replica server, click on Tools - Offline Sync Management.
4. RHA would then be performing a block synchronization and would provide the user an option to check/uncheck 'Ignore same size/time files' and click on OK.
5. Now RHA would perform a Block sync start online replication.