Description: From time to time in troubleshooting an issue with Arcserve RHA it may be necessary to test and see that we can manually load our driver or unload our driver. In addition to that we may need to test that we can manually attach our driver to a specific volume.
1. To test this bring up a command prompt on the server where we need to test our driver, it would be best if you are logged into this server with the same account our Arcserve RHA engine service uses so we can also make sure the permissions match. Also, before testing this you should stop any running RHA scenarios that involve this host.
2. Type 'fltmc' , this will bring up a list of any minifilter driver currently loaded. If you see 'xomf' our driver is loaded, this should only be loaded on it's own on the active server. If you see 'xorw' loaded this is our assured recovery driver, this should only be loaded on it's own on the inactive server during an assured recovery test.
3. To see if we can manually load our driver (when it is not already loaded), type 'fltmc load xomf'.
4. To unload our driver type 'fltmc unload xomf'
5. In some situations we can load and unload our driver but we may have an issue attaching our driver to a specific volume. To test and see if we can attach our driver to a specific volume first load the driver if it is not currently loaded. Next, type 'fltmc attach xomf c:' . If you want to test a different volume other than c just type that letter instead, for example the following will test that we can attach our driver to the H drive: 'fltmc attach xomf h:'