The filtering options enable you to fine-tune your directory selection and display only the files that will be replicated.
For example, if you choose to include only text files, you need to select the required directories and enter the filter parameter. Then, only text files that are stored in these directories will be displayed on the left area of the Master Root Directories dialog.
The Master root directories filter enables you to use a variety of filtering characters, such as characters, strings, wildcards, file names or extensions, etc. The following standard wildcards are available:
Note: A 'character' in this context refers only to alphabetical or numerical character.
- An asterisk (*) selects any number of characters/digits of all types.
- A question mark (?) selects any single character or numeric digit.
- A pound sign (#) selects itself or any numeric digit.
- An 'at' sign (@) selects itself or any single alphabetic character.
- Entering other characters (one or many) selects for those specific characters.
A given filter selection applies to all files in all selected directories in the scenario.
When using Include files, only the files or file-types entered into the Filter box are included in the replication scenario, and only if they are selected (checked). You need to manually select the directories in which these file are stored, and if you manually clear a file check box, you override the Include files option.
To include files
- On the Master Root Directories dialog, manually select the directories on which you want to apply the filter.
Note: Alternatively, you can manually select the directory check box AFTER you enter the filter parameters.
- Click the Include files option button at the top of the Master Root Directories dialog. The Filter box is enabled with an asterisk (*) wildcard.
- Enter the file types you want to include in the Filter box using the appropriate filtering characters. For example, include all files ending with the extensions *.txt *.exe. Separate the extensions using a space.
Note: Do NOT use a comma or a semi-colon to separate extensions. If a file name includes blanks, enclose the complete file name between quotation marks ('').
- Click the Apply button to filter the directories you selected according to the filter parameters.
The only files that are displayed on the right area are those that meet the filtering criteria.
- [Optional] You can manually select or clear individual directories and files. This action overrides the Include files option regarding the individual directory or file.
- Click OK to save your root directory selection and close the Master Root Directories dialog.