Description: Changing the Control Service Port
CA ARCserve RHA Control Service is designed by default to listen on port 8088. However, the default port can be changed in environments where this port is already being used by another application. The configuration file that is responsible to the Control Service port configuration is ws_man.exe.config. Therefore, if you want to change the Control Service port after you installed it, you need to change all the port values in the ws_man.exe.config file.
To change the default port of the Control Service from port 8088 to any other port
- If there are running scenarios that are currently using the Control Service you want to change, stop them through CA ARCserve RHA Manager.
- Log in to the host where the Control Service is running.
- In the Services dialog, stop the CA Control Service service.
- Using Windows Explorer, browse to the Control Service installation directory, where the ws_man.exe.config file is located .
- On a 32 bit host, the default installation directory is:'C:\Program Files\CA\ARCserveRHA\Manager'
- On a 64 bit host, the default installation directory is: ''C:\Program Files (x86)\CA\ARCserveRHA\Manager'
- Open the ws_man.exe.config file with a text editor.
- Change the value of all '*_port entries, and instead of the default port of 8088 enter the port no. you want to use.
- Save and close the ws_man.exe.config file.
- In the Services dialog, restart the the CA Control Service service.The Control Service now listens to the new port you defined for it.