CA XOsoft can be used to replicate data From a Network Addressed Storage (NAS) device, TO a NAS device or between NAS devices. (NOTE: Replicating FROM a NAS device can only be accomplished with Scheduled Replication).
This document will discuss about the steps to be followed for creating a scenario to replicate the data present on the one NAS device attached to the Master server to another NAS device attached to the Replica server. This is only supported for Synchronization and Scheduled Replication. This is not supported for Real Time Replication. The XOsoft Real-Time Replication process utilizes a File System Filter Driver on the active server and filters changes being applied to the File System. In this case, you are replicating from a UNC path on a separate host. The data can be accessed for Synchronization, but will not be captured by the File System Filter Driver as new changes are applied. Scheduled Replication is a regularly scheduled synchronization.
- Open New scenario wizard.
- Select file server scenario.
- Enter the master and the replica server names or IP's on which the CA XOsoft Replication Engines are installed.
- Click on Finish button in the next screen.
- Select the Master server in in the CA XOsoft Scenario Manager screen and select the Direcotries tab.
- In the directories field on the right side, enter the UNC path to the share on the NAS box from which the data has to be replicated.
- In the same way, you can select the Replica server and in the directories field on the Directories tab on right side of the window, enter the UNC path to the share on the NAS box to which the data has to be replicated.
- If you are replicating From a NAS server, then you will also need to set the Replication Mode to SCHEDULED and set a recurring schedule for replication to occur.
- Now save the changes made to the scenario.
- click on the run button to start the scenario.
- IF Real Time Replication is enabled, then you must synchronize the scenario. However, if you configured Scheduled Replication you can choose to synchronize at start, or you can skip synchronization. The initial synchronization will occur automatically during the first scheduled replication.
Note1: Only SCHEDULED Replication is possible to replicate data between two NAS devices connected to Master and Replica servers respectively.
Note2: ONLINE replication is possible if the dataset is local to the Master server and is being replicated to the NAS device connected on the Replica site