Document ID: TEC478597
Title: How to change the default port number used by CA XOsoft r12.5/r12.0 Replication Engine?
This document will discuss about the steps for changing the port number used by the CA XOSOFT r12.5/r12.0
The following are the steps for changing the port number used by the CA XOSOFT r12.5/r12.0 Replication Engine.
- Stop the XOSOFT scenario.
- Stop the XOSOFT engine on both Master and Replica servers.
- Browse through the XOSOFT Engine installation directory (by default C:\Program Files\CA\XOsoft\Engine).
- Open WS_REP.CFG file using WORDPAD or a 3rd party text edition. (don't use NOTEPAD).
- Find the '# Port = 25000' section (one of the first lines) in the WS_REP.CFG file.
- Change the Port = 25000 to a new port number (e.g. Port = 25002) and remove # sign at the beginning of the line.
- Save the WS_REP.CFG (Remember: the configuration files on the Master and Replica servers must be the same. Make sure whatever changes that are made to the WS_REP.CFG file on the Master are made on the Replica.
- Start the CA XOSOFT Engine Service on both the Master and Replica.
- Open up the CA XOSOFT manager and highlight the scenario.
- Click on the Active Server and then choose properties. Under the connection section, you can see the port number and the value set to 25000. Change the port number to the new port number that is specified in the WS_REP.CFG file.
- Perform the same steps that are performed in step 10 for the Replica server also.
- If the Master and Replica servers have other scenario's running you will have to change the port number for those scenarios as well.
- Restart CA XOSOFT r12.5/r12.0 scenario.