This document will detail with the steps for upgrading CA XOsoft Control Service to CA ARCserve RHA r15 Control Service.
To upgrade CA XOsoft r12.5 Control Service to the CA ARCserve RHA r15.0 Control Service you will need to do the following:
- Run Setup.exe from the Ca ARCserve RHA r15 installation package to launch product installation browser.
- Click on 'Install Components'.
- Then Click Install CA ARCserve RHA Control Service.
- Browse for the language to be used for the installation and click OK.
- CA ARCserve RHA installation wizard will prompt you to begin in the installation for the CA ARCserve RHA Control Service. Click Next.
- Accept the license agreement and click Next.
- Enter the username and the Organization name
- In the Destination Folder screen, choose the directory where you like to install the RHA manager. Select the change button to browse to a non default directory. When done click Next.
- In the service logon screen, choose the service account that you want to assign to the CA ARCserve RHA Control service. You can choose to assign Local system or Domain user account. After assigning the account, click Next.
- In the control service Role, you can choose to configure High availability for control service. By selecting the option âAllow the Active Control Service to switch roles with a standby Control serviceâ you can define this control service to integrate with other hosts. Select the appropriate radio button to enable this control service as Active Control service or the Standby control service. Please note there should be only one active control service. The first control service in the environment should be set as the active control service. All additional control service hosts should be configured as Standby control services.
- Installation wizard will detect the older version of the Control service and prompt you that the older version of control service will be uninstalled. You will also be informed that the upgrade might require a reboot of the computer after the old manager is uninstalled. Click next.
- Click on OK to proceed with the un installation of older version of Control service.
- At the Ready to install the program screen, click on Install.
- When the installation is completed, click Finish.