The Propagate Value property will allow common scenario settings such as Bandwidth Throttling to be applied to multiple scenarios simultaneously from within the GUI.
The steps below will update the Bandwidth Throttling schedule for multiple scenarios simultaneously. If the Bandwidth Limit is already configured for the scenario which you want to use then skip to step 5.
- Stop the CA XOsoft scenario(s).
- Click on the scenario which you want to configure Bandwidth Throttling on. Highlight the Replica server and then click on the 'Properties' tab; Under the Replication property, click on the 'Bandwidth Limit (Kbps)' value.
- The Bandwidth Scheduler window will appear and by default CA XOsoft R12.5 will use unlimited bandwidth for each scenario. In the example below, bandwidth will be throttled to 10 Mpbs during the hours of 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and unlimited bandwidth during the off hours. Click 'OK'.
- Highlight the scenario in the CA XOsoft Manager and click on 'Scenario' in the menu bar and then 'Save'.
- In the scenario which has the Bandwidth Scheduler configured, click on the Replica server and then 'Properties' tab; Under the Replication property, right-click on the 'Bandwidth Limit (Kbps) value and then select 'Propagate Value'.
- The Propagate Value property appears and the scenario which has Bandwidth Throttling configured will be shown with red font under 'Current Value'. The 'File Server' scenario will be used to propagate the Bandwidth Throttling settings to the other scenarios which have the 'check box' selected. Be sure to remove the checkbox next to the Replica under any scenarios which you don't want the bandwidth throttling setting propagated. Click 'OK'.
- Click on 'Scenario' in the menu bar and then 'Save All'.
- The Bandwidth Throttling schedule will now be propagated to all the scenarios which were selected on the Propagate Value screen.
Note: For clients which are running 220.127.116.110 (R12.5 SP2 rollup), patch T5LF047 has been released to address an issue with Propagate Value. Please contact CA XOsoft Support for patch T5LF047.