Last Modified Date: 10/26/2009
This document will discuss the steps for creating a HA scenario for replicating VMWare Virtual Center Server in CA XOsoft r12.5.
Follow these steps to create a HA scenario to replicate VMWare Virtual Center Server in CA XOsoft r12.5.
- Open the CA XOsoft Manager and choose 'Scenario' -> 'New' on the menu bar, or click the New Scenario icon on the Toolbar. You will click 'Create a New Scenario' and select a Scenario Group to assign the new Virtual Center scenario in. Click 'Next'.
- The Select Server and Product Type dialog opens. For Select Server Type, choose VMware vCenter Server, under Select Product Type select 'High Availabilty Scenario (HA)', and under Tasks on Replica, choose 'Integrity Testing for Assured Recovery (AR)' if licensed for this feature. Click 'Next'.
- The Master and Replica Hosts dialog opens. Type a Scenario Name and provide the Hostname or IP Address for the Master and Replica server. You can also select 'Verify CA XOsoft Engine on Hosts' if you want to verify the build of the CA XOsoft Engine Service.
- The CA XOsoft Engine Verification screen will display the current version of the CA XOsoft Engine service. If necessary, click 'Install' to upgrade the CA XOsoft Engine service on one or more servers. If you are prompted for logon credentials, enter them and click 'OK'. When the installation completes, verify again and then click 'Next'.
Note: If you are using a local Oracle instance for the VMware vCenter database, you are now prompted for logon credentials. Provide the Oracle DBA name and password and click 'OK' to start the auto-discovery.
- The Database for Replication dialog opens and displays the auto-discovered results for the Master server. For Microsoft SQL Server, all databases used by vCenter are replicated by default. Clear checkmarks next to the databases that you do not want to replicate, if desired, and click 'Next'.
- The Replica Configuration dialog opens. CA XOsoft automatically compares the Master and Replica configurations and ensures they are identical. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Properties dialog opens and allows you to configure the Scenario Properties on the Control Service. When you are finished configuring these properties click 'Next'.
- The Master and Replica Properties dialog opens and allows you to configure properties on the Master and Replica server. When you are finished configuring these properties click 'Next'.
- The Switchover Properties dialog opens and allows you to modify the Network Traffic Redirection methods. By default, Move-IP is turned On for a VMware vCenter scenario. Click 'Next'.
- The Switchover and Reverse Replication Initiation dialog opens and allows you to choose Automatic or Manual Switchover, as well as Automatic or Manual Reverse Replication Initiation. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Verification dialog opens and will report if there are any warnings or errors which need to be addressed. Click 'Next' and then choose to 'Run Now' if you want to start the scenario now, or click 'Finish' to save the scenario and run it later.