Last Modified Date: 11/10/2009
This document will provide you the steps to install a SSL Certificate (such as a Self-Signed Certificate) for secure communication when you connect to the Control Service from a remote machine.
This procedure is required when connect to the Control Service using a SSL Certificate for secure communication.
Installing Self-Signed Certificate
- On the remote machine, open Internet Explorer. In the Address box, enter the Control Service host name and Port No. as follows:
Note: You cannot use the IP Address of the Control Service, you will need to specify the hostname.
A Security Alert appears, asking you whether you want to view the certificate.
- Click the View Certificate button. The Certificate dialog appears:
- To locally install the Certificate, click the Install Certificate button.
The Certificate Import Wizard appears:
- Click Next. The Certificate Store page appears:
- Select the Place all Certificates in the following store option button, and click the Browse button.
The Select Certificate Store dialog appears:
- Select the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store, and click OK.
The Completing the Certificate Import Wizard page appears:
- Click Finish to complete the certificate import.
A confirmation message appears asking you to confirm the certificate installation.
- Click Yes. A message appears, informing you of the import success.
- Click OK to close the message. Then, on the Certificate dialog click OK to close it.
You can now connect to the Control service machine and open the Overview page.