Description: This document will explain how to Schedule Synchronization
When selecting a scheduled replication mode it means that synchronization will be performed automatically on a regular basis. Once you select this option the following flexible scheduling capabilities are offered:
* Synchronization on selected days of the week and for specific hours in a 24-hour cycle.
* Synchronization over selected periods (for example, once every 36 hours) in a 7-day cycle.
* Exclusion of specific dates.
To open the schedule
1. On the Scenario Properties list, open the Replication group. On the Mode property, select the Scheduling value.
The Schedule option appears.
2. On the Schedule option, select the Weekly Activity value. Then, on the Schedule Settings property, click the Not Set value.
The Schedule Setting dialog appears.
3. Set the schedule for automatic synchronization according to the guidelines described in the following sections.
The following figure shows a sample scheduling setting in which the solid blue rectangles indicate the days and hours scheduled for synchronization. The excluded dates area lists the specific dates on which synchronization is not performed.
Set a Schedule for Automatic Synchronization
The following instructions describe how to set and clear hours and days in the Schedule Setting dialog for automatic synchronization.
To set a specific hour/day
* Select a single rectangle for a specific hour/day. Click the Set button to actually mark and enable that hour/day.
To set a specific hour for each day in the week
* Select a column and click the Set button.
To set each hour in a specific day in the week
* Select a row and click the Set button.
To set a repetitive cycle
* Enter a valid number of hours in the Every box, and click the Apply button.
To clear a setting
* Use the same technique of selecting, and click the Clear button.