XOSOFT Replication: 15.2
Last Modified Date: 11/05/2010
Document ID: TEC535258
Title: How to Create SQL 2008 R2 HA Scenario in RHA R15.2
Follow the below steps to create SQL 2008 R2 HA Scenario in RHA R15.2
- Open the RHA r15.2 Manager and in the menu bar click on 'Scenario' and 'New'.
- On the Welcome to the New Scenario wizard screen, select Create a New Scenario and click 'Next'.
- Select the Scenario Type as 'Microsoft SQL Server', Product Type as 'High Availability Scenario(HA)' and Tasks on Replica as 'Integrity Testing for Assured Recovery (AR)'. Click 'Next'.
Note: Integrity Testing (AR) needs separate license. If AR is not licensed, then select 'Tasks on Replica' and set to 'None'.
- In the Master and Replica Hosts page, enter the Scenario Name, Master and Replica Hostname/IP. Click 'Next'.
Note: If Master or Replica is a MSCS cluster, enter Virtual Cluster SQL Name or IP address
- The Engine Verification screen will display which version of the RHA Engine is installed. Click 'Next'.
- The Database for Replication page appears and by default all databases on the Master are selected. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Properties page is now displayed. Click 'Next'
- Master and Replica Properties page appears and you can configure settings such as Spool location, Event Notifications and Assured Recovery schedule. Click 'Next'.
- The Switchover Properties page displays and you can choose Network Traffic Redirection methods. Check that the DNS servers and Master and Replica IP Addresses are correct. Click 'Next'.
- On the Switchover and Reverse Replication Initiation page, select whether you want Automatic Switchover and Run Reverse Replication turned On or Off. In the example below, both of these properties are set to 'Manual'. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Verification page and the scenario verified successfully. Click 'Next'.
- The scenario has verified and is ready to be started. Click 'Run'.
- The default synchronization method for SQL is Block Synchronization. Click 'OK'.
- Once the SQL 2008 R2 scenario is started and the scenario finishes synchronization then an event will be displayed in the Event Window stating 'Synchronization Finished'.