XOSOFT Replication: 15.2
This document guides the user to create SharePoint 2010 Scenario in a Distributed Environment. The SharePoint application is installed on one server while SQL is installed on a different server.
Creating a SharePoint 2010 Scenario in a Distributed Environment.
- Open the CA ARCserve RHA Manager and on the Menu Bar click on 'Scenario' and 'New'.
- On the next screen, select 'Create a New Scenario', provide a new group name under 'Assign a Scenario Group'. Click 'Next'.
- In the next screen, select the Scenario Type as 'Microsoft SharePoint Server', Product Type as 'High Availability Scenario(HA)' and Tasks on Replica as 'Integrity Testing for Assured Recovery (AR)'. Click 'Next'.
Note: AR needs a separate license so if you don't have one then set 'Tasks on Replica' to 'None'
- On the next screen, input the Scenario Name, Master and Replica Hostname/IP. Click 'Next'.
- The next screen will verify if the RHA Engine is installed on Master/Replica. If you don't have the Engine installed, you can select install option available in bottom of the screen and install engine on Master/Replica. Click 'Next'.
- The screenshot below displays the SharePoint Server Farm topology. RHA adds another Master (which is the database server for SharePoint Application) and allows the user to specify the Replica name for the Master it just added. It also allows user to input the scenario name for the new database scenario.
- The Engine Verification for the new Master and Replica Servers (SharePoint Database servers) added in the above screen is preformed next.
- In the next screen, RHA Auto detects the SharePoint Server Farm and the SharePoint SQL Server Instances. Click 'Next'.
- RHA compares Master and Replica Server hosts.
- RHA detects that the Master and Replica Server are not identical and it configures Replica to match with Master. Click 'Next'.
- RHA will ask to input the user credential and passphrase in the next screen.
- Once the user inputs the credential, click ok and click next, RHA will start configuring SharePoint on Replica Host. RHA will perform 8 tasks during this configuration.
- In the next screen, user can configure Scenario Properties. From this screen onwards, user will see more than one tab. Each tab is for one Scenario. In the below screen shot, RHA displays two tabs, 'SharePoint Application' and 'SharePoint Database'. These are the names user provided for the Scenarios in the beginning of the Scenario creation wizard. User can select the respective tab and set scenario properties for each scenario.
- The next Screen is for Master and Replica Server Properties. As explained above, user can select the tab for respective scenario and set the properties.
- RHA displays the Switchover properties in the next screen.
- The next window controls automatic/manual switchover and reverse replication. In this window user has the option to select if he wants the switchover to be automatic or manual and also set the same option for Reverse Replication.
- The next window displays Group Properties. This screen does not appear if user create a scenario in a normal group because the normal group doesn't have properties. In a distributed SharePoint environment, RHA creates a distributed group, which also has properties.
In this screen, user should also expand Scenario Dependencies, and set the dependency for SharePoint Application Scenario. This is because SharePoint application has dependency on SharePoint SQL Database. Once user enables dependency for SharePoint application, during switchover, it will first switchover the scenario on which SharePoint application is depended and then switchover the SharePoint application.
- In the next screen, RHA run Group Verification and informs the user about errors. If RHA does not find any errors then the scenario verifies successfully.
- After successful verification, user can select 'Run Now' to run the scenario now or click on 'Finish' to run the scenario later.
- After Scenario creation, in the RHA Manager, the Group and Scenario's are displayed as shown in the screenshot below.