:XOSOFT Replication: 12.5, 15.0
Last Modified Date: 06/03/2011
Title: How to change the port number the control service talks on from 8088 to another port.
This article explains how to change the port number the control service talks on when you install the control service without SSL. The default is 8088.
- First close out of the XOsoft manager and overview page
- Second open the 'ws_man.exe.config' file located in: program files\ca\xosoft\manager in wordpad or textpad
- There are 6 places in that file that list port 8088, change each of them to the available port you would like to use then save the file
- Next open the 'web.config' file located in program files\ca\xosoft\manager\ws_root in wordpad or textpad
- Search for this line: '<!--add key='Listening_Port' value='8088' /-->'
- Change the port from 8088 to the same port you chose for the ws_man.exe.config file, then save the file and close it
- Restart the control service
- Go to start, programs, ca, overview page, right click on the link and go to properties, then the web document tab
- In the URL field change the port from 8088 to the port you have chosen
- Click apply, then ok
- Go to start, programs, ca, overview page, your overview page should now launch with the port your selected