XOSOFT Replication: 16.0
The following document will explain how to create a Full System HA scenario and failover to Amazon Web Services (AWS).
This document assumes that you have already signed up for an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account and already configured a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) between your production environment and AWS.
- Log into the CA ARCserve RHA R16 Manager and click on 'Cloud View'.
- Click on 'Cloud' in the menu bar and select 'Add Cloud Account'. The following window will appear and you will need to provide the following information from your AWS account. Click 'OK'.
Note: If you need to update any of the AWS account information then right click on the Account Name and choose 'Update Cloud Account'.
- Click on the Scenario View tab and then on the menu bar click on 'Scenario' and then 'New'.
- The 'Welcome to New Scenario Wizard' screen appears. Click 'Next'
- The Select Server and Product Type screen appears. Click on 'Full System' under Server Type and High Availability (HA) under Product Type. Click 'Next'.
- The Master and Replica Hosts screen appears. You will need to provide the hostname / IP for the Master server. Under Replica settings select 'Amazon EC2' under Server Type and then under Appliance / Hostname click on the box with and select the EC2 appliance which you want to replicate to. Click 'Next'.
- The Volume Setting screen appears. By default, all directories and files will be replicated but you can exclude certain files or folders by selecting the option for 'Enable exclude directory and files'. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Properties screen appears. Click 'Next'.
- The Master and Replica Properties screen appears. You can modify properties on the Master or Replica or keep the defaults. Click 'Next'.
- The Switchover Properties screen appears. You can modify properties for network traffic redirection, is-alive timeout, and scripts. Click 'Next'.
- The Switchover and Reverse Replication screen appears. Click whether you want to switchover automatically or manually. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Verification screen appears. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Run screen appears. Click 'Run Now' if you wish to start the scenario now or 'Finish' if you want to start synchronization at a later time.