XOSOFT Replication: 16.0
This document will explain how to create a new Exchange 2010 scenario in CA ARCserve RHA R16 with no network traffic direction (R16 does not redirect network traffic by default for Exchange 2010).
In CA ARCserve RHA R16 network traffic redirection is disabled by default for Exchange 2010 scenario. This means that when performing a switchover to the Replica Exchange 2010 server that network traffic (redirect DNS and SPNs) are not moved to the Replica server. Disabling network traffic for Exchange 2010 is supported for Outlook 2007 and 2010 clients. If there are Outlook 2003 clients connecting to Exchange 2010 then you will need to continue redirecting network traffic.
Follow the steps below to create a new Exchange 2010 scenario in r16 without network traffic redirection.
- Create a new Exchange 2010 scenario and select 'Microsoft Exchange Server' under Server Type, select 'High Availability' under Product Type, and select 'Integrity Testing for Assured Recovery if you wish to run AR tests on Replica. Click 'Next'.
- Provide the Scenario Name and the Master and Replica hostname or IP Address. Click 'Next'.
- The Master configuration screen will display and list all the Databases on the Master server. By default, all the databases will be selected. Click 'Next'.
- The Replica configuration appears. In the screenshot below all the Mailbox Databases were already created on the Replica so the action is to keep since the servers are identical. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Properties screen appears. You can keep the defaults or modify settings such as settings such as Event Notifications and Report Handling. Click 'Next'.
- The Master and Replica Properties page appears. You can modify properties such as Spool, Assured Recovery, Event Notifications, etc.. Click 'Next'.
- The Switchover Properties page appears. When Network Traffic is disabled for Exchange 2010 there is no Redirect DNS option and Move-IP is turned OFF by default. Click 'Next'.
- The Switchover and Reverse Replication screen appears. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Verification page appears. Click 'Next'.
- The Scenario Run page appears. Click 'Run Now' if you wish to start the scenario now or 'Finish' if you want to start the scenario at a later time.