This document describes the steps to Install the CA arserve UDP Linux Agent on a Linux server.
- Download the CA arcserve UDP Agent (Linux) installation package (*.bin file) and the restore-utility package file to a temporary location on the Linux box
- If the files are available on a windows machine then they need to be copied to the Linux box using ftp or any third party utility like winscp.
- Create a new folder on the Linux box and move these files two files into that folder.
- Log in to the Linux server command line as a root user. Browse to the folder containing the installation files.
- Use the chmod command to provide permissions to the files as below.
- Run the command below to begin the installation - ./ arcserve_Unified_Data_Protection_Agent_Linux.bin
- The installation package verifies the supported platform and displays a confirmation message and the license agreement is displayed.
- Type Y and press Enter to accept the licensing agreement.
- Once the packages are extracted and installation completes, Ports to be open & URL to browse the Linux Backup Server is displayed.
- The default path for the UDP Linux agent install is /opt/CA/d2dserver