This document will talk about how to identify which IP should be to use to Add the server in the backup manager and how to specify a NIC to use backups to avoid the interference with production bandwidth.Solution:
- Click start -> All Programs -> CA - > ARCserve Backup -> Manager
- Click on Quick Start ->Administration ->Server Admin
- Click on Server Admin -> Multiple Network Cards
- Uncheck the option OS decides which network card is to be used and select the appropriate IP address and click on OK.
- Stop and Start all the CA ARCserve services from the Server Admin.
- Make Sure that All the client Machine should be able to ping the selected IP address.
- Go the server with the multiple NIC's
- Click start -> All Programs -> CA - > ARCserve Backup -> Backup Agent Admin
- Check the option Select the IP address and select the IP address from the drop down.
- Click OK.
- Try to ping the selected IP address from the backup server.
- If it gives replies then we can add the server with the same IP address.