This document will explain the procedure to overwrite CA ARCserve database if it is corrupt
In case you have a problem with ARCServe database 'SQL 2008 Express Edition' and want to have fresh new database.
How to create a new database in R15 / R16
Start > Program files > CA > Server Configuration wizard.
Select Configuration wizard and select Database.
Provide the caroot password.
Log in with the windows user account.
Gives user two options to choose.
- To use default ARCserve DB select SQL 2008.
- To use existing SQL installed on local/remote as per the supported editions.
- To verify other supported versions of CA ARCserve check the compatibity matrix
- CA ARCserve Backup => Base & Options => Under 'Backup server' => 'Supported ARCserve Databases'
To over write old ARCserve instance select the option or uncheck it and click next.
Note: If you want you choose different language by hitting 'Language support options' or else select
ARCserve will stop and start the ARCserve services when creating new SQL instance.
- If we are using a full version of supported SQL server it has to be manually installed.
- If we are required to install another supported version of SQL express 2008 . It has to be installed manually. The instance name has to be specified as ARCSERVE_DB during the installation.
- If the existing sql express and if it needs to be upgraded to a higher version of supported sql express edition it has to be manually downloaded and then we need to run the sql express setup and upgrade the ARCSERVE_DB instance