On Backup server we may see two ARCserve components get installed under CA ARCserve Agent for Microsoft SQL Server.
- Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
- Agent for ARCserve Database
|Agent for Microsoft SQL Server||Required||SQL system+ user databases|
Agent for ARCserve Database
|Not Required||ARCserve database only|
- We may have accidentally installed both the agents during the initial setup.
- To avoid license errors we are required to uninstall Agent for Microsoft SQL Server if we don't require it.
Uninstalling procedure for Agent for Microsoft SQL Server installed on backup server:-
- Start-> Control Panel -> Programs(Uninstall)
- Highlight 'CA ARCserve Backup ' click uninstall
- Select only 'CA ARCserve Agent for Microsoft SQL Server' and click 'Next'
4. Select 'Agent for Microsoft SQL Server' only and select 'Next' .
This wizard shall now finish removal of 'Agent for Microsoft SQL Server'
Agent for ARCserve database is used for protecting ARCserve database
Backup of ARCserve Database: Click here
Recovery of ARCserve database: Click here