The Client Agent for AS/400 does not have an automatic upgrade mechanism from the old version. You have to
re-install the agent with the new release.
The installation media contains two save files under the AS/400 directory, called arcserve and cainstaso. These two files must be copied, using FTP (binary mode), to a temporary library.
To upgrade the agent
1. Before re-installing the agent, please stop your agent and subsystem if they are active, with the following commands.
ENDASO - to stop the agent
ENDSBS SBS(ASOSBS) - to stop the subsystem
2. Remove the ARCSERVEIT library from the library list.
3. Rename ARCSERVEIT library to ARC_OLD and you can view your old logs from this library, if you need them in future.
RNMOBJ OBJ(ARCSERVEIT) OBJTYPE(*LIB) NEWOBJ(ARC_OLD)
4. Delete any temporary libraries that were created during previous installation of the agent. For example:
5. Enter the following command to create a temporary library:
where libraryname is the name of the library.
6. Create two save files in the temporary library to hold the arcserve and cainstaso files from the product installation
media. To create a save file using AS/400, enter the following command:
7. Using FTP, copy the two binary files from the installation media to the temporary library you created.
8. Restore the saved library CAINSTASO from the saved file CAINSTASO. To restore the library using AS/400, enter the
RSTLIB SAVLIB(CAINSTASO) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(libraryname/CAINSTASO)
9. Enter the following command to include the restored library CAINSTASO in your library list:
10. Enter the following command from an AS/400 command prompt:
SETUPASO DEV(*SAVF) RSTLIB(ARCSERVEIT) SAVF(libraryname)
Note: This upgrade can take several minutes. A message appears when the upgrade is complete.
Starting and Stopping the Client Agent for AS/400:
To start or stop the Client Agent for AS/400, you must first add ARCSERVEIT to your library list using the
Note: This command adds the library ARCSERVEIT to the library list.
* To start the agent, enter the command STRASO at a command prompt.
* To stop the agent, enter the command ENDASO at a command prompt.
Note: For both commands, press F4 to prompt for more options.