CA ARCSERVE BACKUP FOR WINDOWS COMMON: 12.5
Last Modified Date: 11/08/2009
Document ID: TEC501459
Title: How to configure a Deduplication device?
How to create a de dup device?
- Open up the ARCserve device configuration as shown in the below:
- Select Deduplication devices and click next.
- Enter the Arc serve credentials ideally caroot user name and its password.
- Select the server and click next.
- Click on Add and the provide a Device name then click on the arrow to browse the location for the datafile location.
- Then repeat the same steps for Index files,
Note:- Index files location should be different that the data file location
- If the location is remote then provide the credentials otherwise click on next.
- Look at the report section it should say add successful and the click on Next and then exit.
The dedup device will be available for backups.