CA ARCSERVE BACKUP FOR WINDOWS COMMON: 12.0
ARCserve Member server Database Engine uses RPC Connection by default and might display the following warning 'Your DB Connection is now in RPC Mode. To have a better performance, it is recommended to use ODBC mode. Please run Server configuration wizard -> Repair database connection for member server to change your SQL server settings to ODBC Mode'.
- Run ODBC Data Source connectivity on the member server.
- Add SQL Server under User DSN and Select the SQL server where the database resides.
- On 'Create a New Data Source to SQL Server' screen.
- Click 'Client Configuration' and Ensure TCP/IP is selected under Network Libraries. Ensure Data Source Test completes successfully.
- Restart ARCserve services on the Member Server.