By default ARCserve Backup skips files in folders configured as File System Device (FSD)
The following Informational message is seen in the Activity Log: 'Skip File System Device home directory F:\FSD1.'
IMPORTANT: This article contains information about modifying the registry.
Before you modify the registry, make sure to create back up of the registry and ensure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem may occur.
For more information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, please review the relevant Microsoft Knowledge Base articles on support.microsoft.com.
On the machine where the FSD files are located, open the registry editor.
This can be a system with ARCserve Backup or the Client Agent for Windows installed
Locate and select the following key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ComputerAssociates\CA ARCserve Backup\ClientAgent\Parameters
- On the Edit menu, point to New and then click on DWORD Value.
- Type 'BackupFSD' as the entry name, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click 'BackupFSD', and then click on Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1
- Hit the enter key and exit registry editor.
- Restart the CA ARCserve Universal Agent service
- The backup job should now include the FSD (.CTF) files.