CA ARCSERVE BACKUP FOR WINDOWS COMMON: 12.0, 12.5, 15.0
Procedure to merge catalog file(*.cat files) into a clean SQL 2005 express ARCserve database.
After the new database is in place, follow the below steps.
- Move the Catalog file which you want to merge to the new database to following location C:\Program Files\CA\ARCserve Backup\CATALOG.DB
- Search for all instances of *.abd, and *.abf above location
- Delete all of these files.
- Search for all instances of *.cat in the same directory tree and remove the read only attribute from all files.
- Run C:\Program Files\CA\ARCserve Backup\mergecat.exe. A command prompt window will come up and this will merge the catalog file to database. Once the window disappears then the merge process is finished.