CA ARCSERVE BACKUP FOR WINDOWS COMMON: 12.5, 15.0
This document describes the backup and restores procedure for Citrix XenApp servers.
Supported Citrix Components Backup:
ARCserve Backup supports below Citrix XenApp 5.0 components backup with r12.5/r15
- Access Management Console
- Web Interface
- XenApp Server
- XenApp Client
- Citrix XenApp Plug-in for Hosted Apps
- Citrix XenApp Plug-in for Streamed Apps
- XenApp Client
- Citrix XenApp Web Plug-in
- Advanced Management Tool
- License Server
- License Management Console
- Edge Sight Server
- Edge Sight Client
- Few Citrix Configurations store in the form of flat files in Citrix application folders. To make sure all these files gets backed up properly when the application is running, we recommend having open file agent installed along with Base/Client Agent.
- Citrix XenApp Server can be configured with different data stores. As most of XenApp configurations will be in XenApp configured data stores, we recommend customers to secure their data stores using DSMAINT.
Supported Backup types:
- Local Backups
- Remote Backups
Backup can be performed when the application is up and running. Open File Agent can take backups of files that are in use. Backup needs to have below components as part of their source.
- Windows system drive
- All Citrix Folders where various Citrix Components are installed.
Before restoring Citrix XenApp 5.0 Server, We have to make sure XenApp Configured data stores are intact. As Citrix is an application, we have to follow below steps to restore:
- Stop all Citrix Services.
- Restore backed up data to original location.