How CA ARCserve Central Virtual Stand by Works.
Please refer the following diagram:
Virtual Standby lets you protect the CA ARCserve D2D source servers functioning in your environment by doing the following:
- Convert CA ARCserve D2D recovery points that are stored on the CA ARCserve D2D destination devices to VMware Virtual Disk (VMDK) or Microsoft Virtual Hard Disk (VHD) formats based on a schedule.
- Copy the converted data to a hypervisor system.
- Create recovery point snapshots from the virtual machine VMDK or VHD data.
- Monitor the health of the source server.
- Power on virtual machines automatically from the recovery point snapshots upon detection of an emergency.
Note: Virtual Standby can be configured to power on recovery point snapshots automatically or manually when a problem occurs.
Recover the data from the virtual machine to the source server, after you correct the problems on the source server.