This document list the comprehensive information required to troubleshoot various problems related to Bare Metal Recovery (BMR).
Source System (The node we are trying to restore):-
- Operating System with Service Pack Level and Build:
- Version of D2D Installed in the Server. With Update and Build information:
- Disk Layout of the Original Server:
- Make and Model of the Original Server:
- Storage Controller Details:
- D2D Backup Destination Information:
- Boot Configuration file ( boot.ini in case of Windows 2003/XP or BCD file incase of Windows Vista or later):
- D2D log directory (x:\Program Files\CA\ARCserve D2D\Logs):
Destination System (Where the BMR is initiated):-
- Exact Boot Error code incase the system fails to boot Post BMR, preferably a screen shot or a photograph:
- The SYSTEM Registry Hive (SYSTEM file in the directory windir%/system32/config) :
- Boot Configuration file ( boot.ini in case of Windows 2003/XP or BCD file incase of Windows Vista/2008 or later):
- Make and Model of the Server :
- Storage/Raid Controller Details with RAID level :
- Version of the BMR Disk Used :
- BMR logs in Debug (https://arcserve.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/201913859 ):
More Information:How Bare Metal Recovery Works?
How to create a bootable BMR ISO Image in D2D 16.5
How to find out the Version and Build of BMR ISO image used to recover a machine?
Download link for the current version of CA ARcserve D2D R16.0 BMR ISO
Steps to enable debug logging during BMR.