Backup jobs fail when all of the following conditions are met:
- Operating system that is installed is Microsoft Windows Vista or later.
- Microsoft SQL Server or Microsoft Exchange is installed on the server.
- User logs out from the server after the backup starts, but before it completes.
Cause of the failure:
When user logs out from the server, specific registry keys are unloaded, which leads to the backup failure.
- Start the Local Group Policy Editor by typing gpedit.msc in the Run dialog.
- From the Local Group Policy Editor, expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System, and User Profiles.
- From the User Profile directory, double-click Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff to open the Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff dialog.
From the Do not forcefully unload the user registry at user logoff dialog, click Enabled and then click OK.
Note: The value DisableForceUnload is now added to the Registry.
- Restart the server where CA ARCserve D2D is installed.
Refer section 6.0 of the CA ARCserve D2D r16.5 Release Notes,