CaD2D 16.0 /Up. 6 Win2008 R2 x64
Merge fails and new backups cannot start
Afstor log reports :
CDynamicVHD2::Merge(3891): merge finished, XX%
CDynamicVHD2::RawBlockWrite(2503): read error, Error = 1130
This is a system resource problem on D2D server or the server hosting the D2D backup destination.
Error:1130 [Not enough server storage is available to process this command.]
To resolve this issue, increase the value of the IRPStackSize registry entry on the D2D and the server hosting the D2D backup destination .
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- Click Edit, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
Type IRPStackSize, and then press ENTER.
Note Type IRPStackSize exactly as it appears. The value name is case sensitive.
- Click IRPStackSize, click Edit, and then click Modify.
In the Data Value box, type a larger value, and then click OK.
If the problem persists after you complete the previous procedure, increase the value of IRPStackSize more up to 20 Hex (32 decimal).
If this issue is occurring on a computer running 'IBM AntiVirus 3.01N (Build 301.590),' please refer to Microsoft Article ID: Q177078
If the issue is not solved at this point then please try the following :
1. Click Start | Run and type regedt32
2. Locate the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
3. Double-click the PagedPoolSize key and change the value to 0
4. Locate the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
Click Edit and Add Value with the following parameters:
5. Close the registry
6. Reboot the computer
The PagedPoolSize is related to the physical memory of the D2D destination server.
So change the D2D destination to a server with more physical memory might work, for example a x64 win2008 instead of a x86 win2003