Title: Unable to deploy ARCserve D2D to remote machines.
When customers download the product today, they have the choice to be able to down load the full common package or the platform specific package for x86 and x64.
- Common Package : CA_ARCserveD2D.exe
- x86 package : CA_ARCserveD2D_for_x86.exe
- x64 Package : CA_ARCserveD2D_for_x64.exe
- When customers use the Full common install package to install the D2D server the customer will be able to deploy D2D to any platform machines.
If customers use the platform specific package to install D2D server, then further deployments will be possible ONLY for that specific platform.
- ex:- If CA_ARCserveD2D_for_x86.exe is used for D2D server installation you can deploy further only on x86 platforms.
- The customers who have a mix of x64 and x86 systems and plan to deploy them, it is recommended that they install the server from the common package.
- The below screen shots show notification that when a deploy option is chosen from the server for a specific platform it provides a note at the bottom about the capability to deploy to what type of platforms.
A)This screen shot is from a D2D Deploy option from a D2D server installed from the x64 install package.
B)This screen shot is from a D2D Deploy option from a D2D server installed from the x86 install package.
So If you have a problem deploying D2D please look at the notes at the bottom of the DEPLOY window to validate the package. If the server install was done from a Common package there will be no information in the bottom of the Deploy window as below.