File Copy is one of the feature of D2D which adds the capability to copy files (and retain or move from the source location) to help you reduce storage cost, meet compliance, and improve data protection. Let’s you copy files to disk or to cloud based upon your specified policies.
File Copy can be used for copying critical data to secondary locations and can also be used as an archiving solution. File Copy allows you to safely and securely delete the source data after it has been copied to an off-site or secondary storage repository.
CA ARCserve D2D provides the following capabilities to copy or move files and help you reduce storage cost, meet compliance, and improve data protection.
Note: When you use the option File Copy - Delete Source, the data is moved from the source to the destination (deleted from source location). When you perform a file copy, the data is copied from the source to the destination (files remain intact on the original location).
- Copy files to disk or to cloud based upon your specified policies.
- Block-level file copying lets you save and store only the blocks of the source that have changed as of the last file copying. (Significantly reduces the amount of file copied data).
- Select the source to copy, which can be a specific volume, volumes, folder, or folders.
- Use filters to include or exclude files that are based upon your specific criteria or patterns.
- Specify a schedule for file copying that is based upon completion of a specified number of successful backups.
- File copy versions of the same source at the specified destination.
- Encrypt file copied data for security.
- Compress data before performing file copying process.
- Specify how long to retain file copy data.
- Specify how many versions of the data you can have on the destination.
Note: CA ARCserve D2D does not copy application files, files with system attributes, and files with temporary attributes. Only a current backed-up source is eligible for file copying.
For more information on File copy please refer to page 84 (Manage File Copy Settings) of the CA ARCserve D2D 16 User guide available on the link below