Installing CA ARCserve D2D
Note: Before continuing with the install, be aware that this will require a system reboot.
To install D2D, use the following steps:
- On the server that you want to install CA ARCserve D2D on, log in as Administrator.
- If the CA ARCserve D2D install programs are on CD, mount the CD on your local system.
- To start the installation, launch the Explorer and 'cd' to the drive where the CD is mounted or the folder where the install programs was copied to.
- Run or Double click on the Setup executable. The setup program will display the following screen and begin extracting the D2D program files.
- After, all the files are extracted; a License Agreement prompt will be displayed.
Scroll down to the bottom of the agreement and select the 'I agree' option then click 'Next'.
- Next, the Configuration prompt will be displayed. Choose the desired install path and port number or accept the defaults, enter the 'Administrator' password then click 'Install'.
- After selecting the 'Install' button from the previous configuration prompt, an Installation Progress screen will be displayed.
- Allow the install to complete until the 'Installation Report' prompts displays indicating that the install is complete.
- After the Installation Report prompt is displayed, a REBOOT prompt will be displayed.
Note that D2D will not be usable until a system reboot is completed.
- After the Reboot is complete. The install is done.
Now the CA ARCserve D2D Tray Icon can be launched.
Reference the CA ARCserve Users guide for further information on usage of CA ARCserve D2D.