Title: How to specify Encryption algorithm and password while exporting or copying recovery points?
This document explains copying recovery point and about specifying the Encryption Algorithm and Password while Copying Recovery Points.
The copy recovery point feature lets you view a list of available recovery points (successful backups) and select which recovery point you want to use to create a consolidated copy. This consolidated copy combines the blocks from the previous full and all incremental backups leading to the selected recovery point. The copy recovery point feature also allows to specify the Compression, Encryption Algorithm and Encryption Password.
To specify Encryption algorithm and password while copying the recovery point, please follow the below steps:-
- Login to CA ARCserve D2D console and select Copy Recovery Point from the Tasks as shown below.
- The Copy Recovery Point dialog opens.
Select backup location - Specify the backup source in the Select backup location. You can either specify a location or browse to the location where your backup images are stored.
Recovery Point - Specify the recovery point to copy as below.
- Select the calendar date for the backup image you want to copy.
- Select a recovery point that you want to copy.
The corresponding backup content (including any applications) for that recovery point is displayed.
- Click 'Next'. The Copy Options dialog opens.
In the Copy Options dialog, specify the Compression, Encryption Algorithm and Encryption Password.
Note: There are two password fields in this dialog. The upper field is for the password to decrypt the source session, and the lower field is used to encrypt the destination session.
- If the recovery point to be exported was previously encrypted, you will need to provide the password.
- If the recovery point to be exported is backup session of the same machine that is running the copy recovery point job, the encryption password will be remembered and this field will be automatically populated.
- If the recovery point to be exported is backup session of another machine, you will need to enter the encryption password.
- Select the destination.
- You can either specify a location or browse to the location where the copy of your selected recovery point will be stored. You can click the green arrow icon button to verify the connection to the specified location. If necessary, enter the User name and Password.
- Select the level of compression to be performed.
- If you also want the copied recovery point to be encrypted, enter the following information:
You can change, add, or remove encryption for the copied recovery point.
- Select the type of encryption algorithm to be used for the copy.
The available format options are No Encryption, AES-128, AES-192, and AES-256.
- Provide (and confirm) an encryption password.
- Click on the 'Create a Copy' button.
A status notification window appears and the copy process for the selected recovery point type is launched immediately.
Note: CA ARCserve D2D only allows one recovery point copy job to run at the same time. If you attempt to manually launch a recovery point copy job now and during that time another scheduled copy job is currently running, an alert message opens informing you that another job is running and requesting that you try again at a later time.
The recovery point image is copied from the backup source to the copy destination.