Title: How is the Encryption password managed in CA ARCserve D2D?
CA ARCserve D2D provides encryption password management so that you do not need to remember encryption passwords. There are some scenarios where the password is required.
Encryption password management in CA ARCserve D2D
- Password will also be encrypted.
- Password will be remembered and not required if you restore to the same machine.
- Password is required if you restore to a different machine.
- Password is not required if you are attempting to export a recovery point that contains encrypted data and the recovery point belongs to backups performed on
the current machine.
- Password is always required if you are attempting to recover encrypted data from an exported recovery point.
- Password is not required to browse to an encrypted recovery point.
- Password is required to perform a BMR.